This year due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are unable to hold the UNcathlon event in its traditional form. However, we still want to come together, to UNify, and showcase the strength of our organization & athletes.
To do this, we will be hosting the Virtual UNcathlon AMRAP Challenge to benefit Special Olympics Pennsylvania.
For the Virtual event, we will be keeping 1 physical challenge from the UNcathlon, the AMRAP, and the fundraising component of the traditional event.
What is an AMRAP=
AMRAP is an acronym for As Many Rounds As Possible. For our purposes:
· AMRAP duration is 10 minutes
· During the AMRAP the participant will execute 10 repetitions of 5 exercises and REPEAT this ROUND as many times as possible in 10 minutes.
· 5 Exercises = Push-ups, Squats, Lunges, Mountain Climbers & Plank Jacks (Each exercise can be modified for various skill levels and abilities.)
· 1 ROUND = 10 Push-ups, 10 Squats, 10 Lunges, 10 Mountain Climbers, 10 Plank Jacks
· Watch AMRAP instructional video HERE
What are we asking you to do: Join us!
We encourage all of you to please give the AMRAP challenge a try, help us fundraise and spread the word about the event.
· Sign up on one of our 9 UNified teams
· Help your team win the FUNdraising challenge by sharing your fundraising page far and wide
· Complete your AMRAP challenge between August 16 - Sept 26
· Post your photos or video on social and invite two people to do this with you!